Friday, 22 November 2013

Editing Software


Final Cut Express HD is the software I have decided to use to edit my clips to create the music video, it was also recommended by teachers and other students. It is considered one of the most advanced semi-professional pieces of software. It is very efficient and offers features like tracks and slicing, which makes editing much easier. There are many other features, things like changing the colour of a video clip to make it darker or lighter and even high quality visual filters, which will make my video visually interesting and individual.



It was very easy to import the video clips from a file onto final cut and only took a short amount of time. I have some experience on final cut thanks to last years project; this was when I edited an opening sequence to a movie. Hopefully, this will aid my music video and improve the way I edit on final cut.



Above is the progress I have made when editing together the rough cut, as you can see I am making good progress and have all the video clips I need organized in the top left section. Below that is the time line which you insert the clips and audio files.  The only downside to final cut is the amount of rendering that is needed, every time you put a new clip on, you must render it, which could take a long time. Because I do not have a mac at home, there is no way I can access this software legally. This means I cannot do any of the editing at home and can only revolve around college times.

No comments:

Post a Comment